WMU began 133 years ago in the hearts of visionary leaders to pray and systematically raise money for missions. Since that time, WMU has helped lead Southern Baptist churches across the country to give $6.8 billion through offerings WMU began to support missionaries.
WMU’s focus on making disciples of Jesus who live on mission happens through missions discipleship, leadership development, and compassion ministries. Based in Birmingham, Alabama, national WMU is not a part of the Cooperative Program allocation budget and receives no funds from the Annie Armstrong Easter Offering or Lottie Moon Christmas Offering, but is supported through the sale of magazines and products, and from investments and charitable contributions.
To learn more about WMU and ways to be involved, visit wmu.com. Connect with us on social media on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. And be sure to checkout our On the Journey Conversations podcast.
The following copyright information pertains to these sites: Woman’s Missionary Union, SBC; WMU Foundation; ChristianJobCorps.com; ChristianLeaderLearning.com; WorldCrafts; and the WMU online store
The material on websites maintained by Woman’s Missionary Union, SBC, is protected under the copyright laws of the United States and international treaties and is the property of WMU, SBC, unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved. Editorial content and graphics (except for downloadable clip art) may not be reproduced, stored in a retrievable system, or transmitted in any form or by any means - electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise - without the express written permission of the publisher.
WMU, SBC, grants permission for portions of our websites to be printed and photocopied for use in educational settings. Portions of WMU, SBC, websites may not be reproduced to appear on another website or in a printed publication without prior written permission of WMU, SBC.
Woman’s Missionary Union Trademarks
Among the trademarks and service marks owned by Woman’s Missionary Union are:
- Woman's Missionary Union®
- Annie Armstrong Easter Offering®
- Christian Men's Job Corps®, CMJCSM
- Christian Women's Job Corps®, CWJC®
- Christmas in August®
- Families on Mission®
- Girls in Action®
- Lottie Moon Christmas Offering®
- Mission Friends®
- Missions for Life®
- Royal Ambassadors®
- Women on Mission®
- Acteens ActivatorsSM
- Acteens Activators AbroadSM
- Adults on MissionSM
- Baptist Nursing FellowshipSM
- Children in ActionSM (CASM)
- Children's Ministry DayTM (CMDTM)
- Christian Women's Leadership CenterTM (CWLCTM)
- GA JourneySM (when referring to individual achievement program)
- GA JourneyTM (when referring to the product line)
- International InitiativesSM
- International Point TeamsSM
- MissionsQuestSM (when referring to individual achievement program)
- MissionsQuestTM (when referring to the product line)
- Missions ExpeditionSM (when referring to individual achievement program)
- Missions ExpeditionTM (when referring to the product line)
- Project HELPSM
- Pure Water, Pure LoveSM
- RA TrekSM (when referring to individual achievement program)
- RA TrekTM (when referring to the product line)
- Support FreedomTM
- Youth on MissionSM